Natural Gas – Commercial Benefits
Cost-efficiency, energy-efficiency, time-efficiency, space-efficiency…When it comes to virtually every aspect of operating a business, efficiency is boss. Hence the reason why virtually any and every company interested in making money chooses to include natural gas automatically. It’s hard to imagine who wouldn’t, considering natural gas’ golden effect on the bottom line. And cost-savings is just one of many commercial benefits making natural gas a business no-brainer.
Cut Operating Expenses
- Natural gas commercial equipment costs up to half as much to operate as electric
- Annual savings of up to 67% when operating a natural gas convection oven compared to a non-gas oven
- Natural gas appliances can reduce a commercial kitchen’s operating costs by up to 33%
- Businesses using a natural gas dehumidifier to reduce the load on their AC system could save up to 40%
- The cost of natural gas when used as a heating fuel is $8.57 per MMBtu, compared to the $34.01 of non-gas when used as a heating fuel
- Average annual savings for restaurants using a natural gas booster water heater versus a non-gas model is $2,387
Drive Up Performance
Saving money isn’t everything. Businesses rely heavily on ultra-efficient, high-performance natural gas equipment because it saves substantial time and energy too.
- Natural gas equipment is up to twice as efficient as electric, yielding superior time-savings and greater operational efficiency
- Additional performance advantages of natural gas include endless hot water, professional cooking precision, double the drying power and the most efficient means for climate control
Hurricanes, thunderstorms and other severe weather conditions can cause power outages lasting anywhere from a few hours to several weeks. For Louisiana homeowners, this can be extremely inconvenient. But for businesses unable to protect inventory, serve customers, generate income (and so on), the loss of revenue due to a power outage can be a costly and devastating hit.
Fortunately, natural gas provides nearly 100% reliable service, enabling businesses to maintain operations—even when the power goes out. Better yet, many types of natural gas appliances/equipment continue to work automatically in a power outage. Plus, natural gas generators come on automatically when electricity is interrupted and turn off when it’s restored.
Promote A Greener Workplace
- Natural gas releases about half the amount of carbon dioxide when burned compared to coal
- Natural gas emits about 80% less nitrogen, 99% less particulate matter, and 100% less sulfur and mercury (compared to oil or coal)
- There was a 12% national decrease in CO2 emissions in 2015 compared to 2005, partially due to the increased use of natural gas at power plants
- Each natural gas tankless water heater can prevent 3,000 pounds of CO2 from entering the atmosphere every year